Friday, October 8, 2010

Link to an Awesome Blog Post

I don't often link to other blog posts because I'm a horrible blog visitor. I can go long stretches of time without visiting or discovering other blogs and, most of the time, I find that I'm usually quite late to the game and everyone has already discovered, visited, commented or otherwise discussed the blog or blog post in question so there's really nothing more I can add to the issue/discussion.

But today I finally visited the blog of Sarah Davies the principal agent at Greenhouse Literary and her October 5th blog post was filled with such wonderful, practical and hopeful advice to writers I just had to share it with you (and I'll make a point to visit there more often). It's the kind of thoughtful post that will resonate with so many writers (or anyone who is endeavouring to accomplish an almost impossible pursuit)that it should be shared as widely as possible. It really did put things in perspective for me and is a reminder of what we set out to do with our writing and what we should be getting out of this perilous and fraught with angst endeavor.

Enjoy the post, thanks to Ms. Davies for writing it and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canucks out there!

A Kipling Moment

3 comments:

  1. Well, thank you so much for finding me, Nelsa. I'm delighted to have been found! And do come find us on Facebook or at www.greenhouseliterary.com.
    All the best with your career,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ms. Davies. I may be slow to find diamonds but I do hold on to them when they're found! I look forward to continuing to find more gems on your blog. Thanks for the great advice you're giving to all us writers out here.
    Nelsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked her list. So much wisdom in it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete